- Pruning for grapes begins as soon as the weather allows – January – April – Late winter to early spring.
- We use a 6’ spacing between vines to maximize space for the vigor of the vine based on the type of soil we have – other vineyards can be as little as 3’.
- Everything we grow is on a high-wire cordon – a single wire at the top of the trellis.
- Mid-summer we practice canopy management to thin out the leaves and expose the fruit to help them ripen to their highest potential.
- Harvest happens mid-September.
- After harvest but before ice wine harvest we go out and protect the remaining fruit with bird netting.
- Ice Wine Harvest is very weather dependent but typically late November to early December.